Kona August 13 – 19
Aloha!
This has been a very quiet week as we have now shifted to
only serving on the morning shifts.
There were, however, a couple of highlights.
First, we enjoyed the company of the full-time Elders as we
hosted them for dinner on Wednesday evening.
In a role shift, we provided the spiritual message and bore our
testimony about the importance of both the service of proselyting missionaries
and temple service missionaries in bringing all of God’s children to the
ordinances of exaltation. We really
appreciate the service of the full-time Elders in our ward and since, tonight
is transfer night, we hope they don’t get the dreaded transfer call.
Second, even though this was a quiet week, I did end up in
the emergency room at the hospital this afternoon. I had been exhibiting the symptoms and the
pain of another kidney stone since last Friday morning. In fact, the pain was pretty intense Saturday
morning so I stayed home while Carolyn made the trip to the temple by herself. As part of the training for Sister W. in assisting
new missionaries and those coming to be sealed after marriage, it was important
that Carolyn be there to provide that training.
Saturday was the longest we had been apart since late April. She even got to go do the shopping without me
which I’m sure she enjoyed since I do not like to go shopping!
I was wakened about five thirty this morning with the intense
pain I have, unfortunately, come to know all too well. We stayed home from church and called the
full-time missionaries to come give me a Priesthood blessing. Finally, we went to the hospital to verify my
diagnosis and to get some serious pain killer into my system. The diagnosis was correct and now we just
have to wait for the final phase of this process.
So, I’m tired and a little more ‘dopey’ than normal,
therefore, we bid you our Love and Aloha from Paradise!
P.S. Time to start planning for Christmas!

No comments:
Post a Comment